For a complimentary consultation to assess initial eligibility call us on +44-20-8066 9900
- You provide GCR with information on your family history and provide us with any copies of official documents available.
- We make an informal evaluation of your citizenship prospects within 2 days.
a) If we conclude that the documentation provided by you does not contain proof regarding the former German citizenship but there is enough information to enable us to conduct a thorough research in the relevant archives and registries in Germany, and you wish to proceed, we ask for an initial research fee of £500.
b) If based on the information and documentation provided we are confident that you are eligible and you wish to proceed, then we ask for an application fee totalling in the amount of £3000 for the first applicant and a further £500 for every eligible family member wishing to file an application for re-naturalization. This amount is to be paid in two instalments, as set forth below.
c) If a research as per subsection a) was successfully conducted and you wish to proceed to the application stage, the research fee of £500 will be deducted from the application fee, as per subsection b) so that effectively, the research will not lead to any further costs for you but is rather conducted to ensure the success of your application.
- We then begin the application process either by commencing research (usually takes around 3 months) where document retrieval is necessary, OR by collating authorised copies of original documents to initiate the application process. In the latter case, this is when the first instalment of the application fee is to be paid, less the research fee, where applicable.
- When we are 100% confident that we have all necessary documentation to prove your case and that under German law, your application must be granted, GCR prepare and submit the application forms, present evidence dossier and legalities to ensure best possible outcome. At this stage we ask for the balance of the application fee.
- GCR continue to liaise with the German authorities to handle all arising queries and requirements associated with your case.
- Following the German government decision, you will be invited to the German Embassy to collect your citizenship certificate and the return of documents supplied in support of your case.
- If required, we are happy to assist you in the passport application process.
In most cases, the process from commencement to certificate collection, usually takes 12-18 months. In the case where the applicant is of advanced years, the German authorities expedite the process drastically. Due to the pandemic, petitions can take an average of 24 months to process.Contact us